Dear Extra Special OB Nurses,

by Kathy on July 29, 2012 · 12 comments

in Bereavement, Blessed, Decisions, Family, Loss, NaBloPoMo, Pregnancy Loss, Sensativity

I found out awhile back that when you report for your shifts at the hospital, you find out which patients are in labor, as well as those who are scheduled for inductions or c-sections.

At that point many of you have the opportunity to volunteer for which cases you want to be a part of and assist with that day.

These cases sadly often include ones where it is known and likely that the babies being born may not be delivered alive or survive long after their birth.

You choose us.

On one of the most beautiful and tragic days in our lives you choose to be there with and for us, instead of (or in addition to) the more routine happy endings/new beginnings taking place down the hall or next door.

Of course more normal birth experiences are still incredible and miraculous. Surely those families appreciate all that you do for them too.

But knowing that you are willing to care for and support those of us who have to say goodbye to our babies, much too soon after they are born, means the world to us.

Thank you for being you and for all that you do.

With immense gratitude and admiration,

Another Bereaved and Blessed Mother

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Justine July 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm

They are amazing human beings, aren’t they? A beautiful tribute to some truly remarkable people. Thank you for this!
Justine recently posted..Small Packages: Vanilla Ice CreamMy Profile

Jjiraffe July 29, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Mud Hut Mama July 30, 2012 at 1:10 am

I didn’t realize that nurses could choose the patients they work with. This is a lovely post. Thank you.
Mud Hut Mama recently posted..Learning About African Lions and Preparing for Their ArrivalMy Profile

Lori Lavender Luz July 30, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I would bet that you and Molly touched the person who chose to be with you in a profound way.
Lori Lavender Luz recently posted..Perfect Moment Monday: Full deckMy Profile

Jen August 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

This is so beautiful! :)

Anna August 3, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Yes. It’s true. And I used to choose these families as often as I could…and then my family became one of them. Please know that we nurses loved all of you so very much. It would be weeks and weeks before the weight of your child’s wee head in the palm of my hand slowly dissipated from my muscle memory. I’m grateful for all of the families I cared for and even more grateful for the dear friend and coworker who took such kind and compassionate care of our daughter.

Molly Jo August 8, 2012 at 5:04 pm

This literally brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful thank you.
Molly Jo recently posted..“What’s the Word?” Wednesdays [Blog Hop]: August 8, 2012My Profile

facial plastic surgery recovery time July 12, 2014 at 4:40 am

In December 2012, she was half way through her reconstructive procedure and has since become a symbol of hope for women suppressed by the Taliban, urging women to “never give up and don’t lose hope,” that
“what happened, it’s part of me, part of my life and its all the time in my mind and with me. In 2009, men undergoing some sort of cosmetic surgery procedure rose eight percent. With an type of plastic surgery, there will be a recovery process.
facial plastic surgery recovery time recently posted..facial plastic surgery recovery timeMy Profile

Delray beach kids summer programs July 12, 2014 at 2:21 pm

- To help you learn to take appropriate challenges,.
Usually, fitness boot camps are being held in parks or even in locations with lots of natural views like beaches.

The camp will be formatted to integrate green values into everything that children may
do to have fun. Younger children usually do better with a day camp,
where older children sometimes really enjoy doing an overnight camp.
These boot programs can also be long-term or short-term boot
camps. Interval training involves brief intervals of high intensity ‘cardio’ exercise with periods of lower intensity exercise between them.
Classes are small with usually no more than 20 or so children in a class.
By means of the prolific use of computer devices,
the growth of summer learning programs, and moreover the
growing regard for family vacations to different
parts, the summer camp experience has undoubtedly taken a back seat for some time, which can be so unlike the way things
were several years ago when attending summer camp was a
thing a large number of kids look forward to. I was in pretty good shape and my technique was pretty good.

The teacher can pass out the boxes and eat lunch around the
campfire, outdoors, in the cabins or tents.
Delray beach kids summer programs recently posted..Delray beach kids summer programsMy Profile

chloe sims 1 hour sunless tanning lotion reviews July 20, 2014 at 8:00 pm

An indoor tanning lotion provides required moisturization to the skin and aid in absorbing the UV light that improves tan ability to tan faster, deeper as
well as darker. Tanbee Video Converter for Mac is an excellent Mac video converter
software which can convert video formats from one to another with perfect output quality and
high conversion speed for Mac OS X users. The more you surrender, the
more you find pouring into your life.
chloe sims 1 hour sunless tanning lotion reviews recently posted..chloe sims 1 hour sunless tanning lotion reviewsMy Profile