Update: Unfortunately, no one signed up to participate in this Inconceivable book tour. I appreciate what a busy time of year it is and that many of you who might be interested may not have found time to read the book and/or consider discussion questions about it. In lieu of the tour, I have written a review of this thought-provoking book by my friend Carolyn and her husband that was published in the Summer 2011 Issue of Exhale Magazine. You can read my review by clicking here .
Thank you for your feedback on this and other posts where I have shared about this book tour. I was excited about the opportunity to host this book tour, however I understand that not every project or endeavor we attempt in life (and our blogs) turns out as we intend or hope that it will. I look forward to your comments on my upcoming book review in Exhale. I may still interview Carolyn and Sean at some point and share our discussion here in the future.
Welcome to the Inconceivable Book Tour!
I am excited to be hosting my second book tour (with author participation) here on Four of a Kind!
For those who are not familiar with online “book tours,” it is like participating in a book club discussion from the comfort of your own home. All you need to participate is the book and a blog. After reading the book, participants will submit one or two questions to me for the rest of the group to answer. Each participant then chooses three questions from a list that I will compile and share with you. You will then post your answers on your blog for the rest of us to read and comment on. We will discuss the book as we “tour” each others blogs reading and commenting on each others responses. You will also have the opportunity to submit questions for the authors to answer and I will post your questions and their answers in an interview format in a post on my blog.
Here is what you need to know to participate:
Book: Inconceivable: A Medical Mistake, the Baby We Couldn’t Keep and Our Choice to Deliver the Ultimate Gift
Authors: Carolyn & Sean Savage (they are participating!)
Start Date: Today
Questions Due by: Tuesday, May 3
Question List Given to Participants by: Friday, May 6
Participant Post Dates: Wednesday, May 11 & Thursday, May 12
Q & A with Authors Posted on my blog: Friday, May 13
Book Tour Button Code (please feel free to copy the code and post this on your blog to spread the word):
About Inconceivable: Recently I wrote this blog entry about my friendship with Carolyn Savage, co-author (with her husband Sean) of the newly released book Inconceivable: A Medical Mistake, the Baby We Couldn’t Keep and Our Choice to Deliver the Ultimate Gift (February 2011). You may have seen Carolyn and Sean interviewed about their story during one of their many media appearances over the past few months, including Dateline NBC, the Today show and People magazine.
I am so proud of Carolyn and Sean for taking this leap of faith in writing Inconceivable. I hope that through sharing their story these two wounded healers will be able to help and to inspire others who have dealt with or will someday face inconceivable choices in their lives. I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss this book with other readers and the authors on this book tour. If you are not familiar with Inconceivable and want to learn more, before you consider joining the tour, check out this “book trailer:”
How Does a Book Tour Work?
Everyone is welcome to participate if you have the book and a blog!
1) Please sign up for the tour by clicking here and filling out a brief form. All you need to provide is your blog name, blog URL and email address. I appreciate your comments on this post, however to participate you ALSO need to be sure to fill out the form.
2) Get the book, if you haven’t already, and read it (or at least enough of it to be able to ask a question for other participants to answer) by Tuesday, May 3. You can order a copy of the book here or download the electronic version here.
3) Come up with 1 or 2 questions that require more than a “yes” or “no” answer, the type of questions that will invite the other participants to share their opinions, life experiences and will lead to discussions. You may also choose to submit 1 or 2 questions for the authors of Inconceivable Carolyn and Sean, as they will both be participating in the tour. Please email your questions to me by Tuesday, May 3. I will send you email reminders closer to the time.
4) I will email you the list of questions that I have compiled from the other participants by Friday, May 6. Then each participant will select 3 questions from the list (any 3 that interests you and that you want to explore) to answer/discuss on your A Gift of Time Book Tour post on your blog. The authors will at the same time review the questions you have submitted for them and answer as many as they can in a Q & A interview format that I will post on my blog on Friday, May 13.
5) I will let you know which day you are going to post your blog entry for the book tour. Half of our group will post on Wednesday, May 11 and the other half on Thursday, May 12. You are welcome to let me know if you have a date preference and I will do my best to accomodate you. Each day I will post a list here on Four of a Kind with links to the blogs of the participants who are posting blog entries for that day. Whichever date you are given, please be ready with your Q & A blog entries and post them early that day (by 8:00 a.m. EST).
6) Then comes the best part — when we all get to “tour” each other’s blogs, read the Q & A posts and discuss Inconceivable! The idea behind this being that by the end of the week each participant will comment on all of the other participants blog posts, hopefully leading to interesting and thought provoking discussions, as well as maybe even some new permanent blog readers.
So now what? Sign up, get the book, start reading, grab the button, link to this post and please feel free to spread the word on your blog, Facebook page or Twitter account. Please also let me know if you have any questions about this book tour.
Thank you and I look forward to sharing this Inconceivable book tour experience with you!
P.S. The discussion portion of the A Gift of Time Book Tour that I am currently hosting here on Four of a Kind kicks off later this week! Watch for the participants Q & A discussion posts to go up on Wednesday, March 30 (I will post links to their blogs that morning) and the Authors Q & A post will go up on Thursday, March 31. Even if you are not formally participating (on your blog), but you have read some or all of the book and/or this topic (Perinatal Hospice) is of interest to you, please consider participating through reading and commenting on the book tour posts. Hope to see you back here on Wednesday and Thursday!