Waiting for the call…

by Kathy on October 22, 2007 · 2 comments

in FET #1, Sean

Good afternoon! 🙂 Today I am 11dp4dt (16 dpo)! It won’t be long now before I get “the call” with news letting us know the outcome of this, our 1st FET cycle…

I went this morning for the Beta blood test at 9:30 a.m., while Sean was at preschool. The woman who drew my blood told me that if the results are negative that I am to stop all medications. She also said that if they are positive, that I will remain on ALL of the current medications I am on for the next 3 – 4 weeks. When I reminded her that I was out of Estridiol pills, she gave me a few more (one to take right away while I was there, to make up for the missed one earlier this morning and the rest to get me through until I am able to order more meds, if circumstances warrant).

I left the office feelings pretty good about the possibility of us being pregnant right now. A that time, about 10:00 a.m. (CST) there was a clear blue sky, the temperature was perfect (not too hot and not too cold) and there was a slight breeze. I looked up and saw five Canadian geese flying over ahead (one set of two and another set of three flying together) and for moment imagined it could signify our family, “three of kind,” and the potential “full house” that we have been working on over the past three years. Since then I have gone back and forth as to whether or not I feel like this cycle may have worked for us. It’s not like my thoughts can make a difference in the outcome now, what’s done is done. But it has been interesting to visualize the phone call this afternoon, how I will react, and how I will handle or rejoice in the news.

Sean slept in this morning and thus was not feeling very tired at nap time. So after lying with him for awhile, in hopes that he would take a little snooze, I gave up and let him come downstairs to have some quiet time and watch a movie. Hopefully in light of him being awake, he has never been awake in the past when I have received “the call,” I will be able to keep it together if the news isn’t good. We also don’t plan to tell Sean right away if it is positive, as two years ago when we had our ectopic, he took the news of mommy not having a baby in her tummy anymore pretty hard. We don’t want to put him through that again and would try to wait until we had a better idea that the odds of it being a viable pregnancy were strong, before we would share with him.

I can’t believe this cycle is almost over and soon either we will be back into the early stages of another one or celebrating what will hopefully be a happy and healthy nine months. Thank you, as always for your support, positive thoughts, sticky vibes and prayers. When I get the news I will be calling Bob, our parents, (depending on the outcome) possibly a few others and then promise to be back here soon to let you know. I know that if we aren’t pregnant this time, that it will be hard, but that we are strong and we will be able to get through it, as we have every other time a cycle hasn’t gone our way over the past three years. If it is positive, as I put in my “Beta Eve” post last night, it will be difficult for me to believe, after all this time, that it is true, but I am sure I will be ecstatic!

Take care and may God bless you and yours. I’ll be back…

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Kristie October 22, 2007 at 12:28 pm

I keep waiting for an update.


2 T-girl October 22, 2007 at 12:31 pm

I am here!!! 😉


Leave a Comment

CommentLuv badge


Previous post:

Next post: