ER May Not Be on Monday

by Kathy on April 12, 2007 · 2 comments

in ER, Follistim (FSH), IVF, IVF #1

I left a voice message for the nurses at my RE’s office this morning, as last night I did the math on how much Follistim was left in the vials I have and realized that if I don’t do the trigger shot on Saturday night, and the amount of IUs isn’t lowered from 300 between now and then, that I will need more. The pharmacy that delivers it can send it overnight, but I wanted to know exactly how soon I would need to order it to have it in time and how much I should ask for, if it should be necessary.

One of the nurses called back today and said that we would know better after my u/s tomorrow morning, but that she suspected I would need more and there would be enough time for me to order tomorrow after the appt. and have it by Sunday. Translation: the nurse suspects that I may not be doing the trigger shot until Sunday and the ER until Tuesday (or later). I assume this is based on the size of my follicles on Wednesday and her (and/or the RE) not forecasting them to be big enough for the trigger on Saturday. I was hoping for ER on Monday, because I am excited and ready to get this retrieving and transferring show on the road! However, obviously I want the best for our little eggs and if they need more time, so be it.

Today has been pretty low key. I woke up, rather was woken up by my alarm clock (a.k.a. Sean), this morning and was very tired, sore, crampy and a bit nauseous. We had planned to have a playdate with some neighborhood friends, however “we” decided to spend much of the day relaxing on the couch watching DVDs instead. I think the medications/hormones are catching up with me and I really need to take it easy in this home stretch before the ER. Luckily Sean had no objections to having a “Mommy & Sean Movie Day!” Among other things we watched the new “Flushed Away” DVD he got from his maternal grandparents for Easter.

Well, off to come up with something easy to make for dinner as Bob will be home from work soon. I will update more after my appt. tomorrow. Thanks again for your continued support, encouragement, thoughts and prayers!

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

1 SommerNyte April 12, 2007 at 5:56 pm

Hang in there, Kathy. My ER was delayed by one day this time as well — it’s so stressful! When I had to go a day over, i had enough Follistim, but the RE said they keep some on hand for people who have to go an extra day and are out, so I am sure yours can help you if need be.

Reply

2 Kathy January 12, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Thank you for the encouragment Sommer! I will have to ask if the RE keeps any on hand. I just re-read the part of your IVF#2 blog when you were at where I am now until the present and it certainly gives me hope! 🙂 Congrats again!Thanks again for checking in on me!

Reply

Leave a Comment

CommentLuv badge

*

Previous post:

Next post: